Authority License Bond

IFTA The International Fuel Tax Agreement is an agreement between forty-eight states and ten Canadian provinces requiring interstate motor carriers to report how much fuel they use within the boundaries of a state, and pay fuel taxes based upon those reports. The fuel tax enables jurisdictions to levy taxes on motor carriers who travel on their roads, not just on motor carriers who purchased fuel within the state. Quarterly IFTA reports must be filed in your base jurisdiction.
A motor carrier is required to have an IFTA license if the motor vehicle is used, designed, or maintained for transportation of persons or property and;
1. Has two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 pounds; or
2. Have three or more axles regardless of weight, or
3. Is used in combination, when the weight is such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds registered gross vehicle weight.

Read More